.

.

Friday, May 8, 2015

Teaching Trees


This tree is a great symbol to me of overcoming adversity.  There is a huge piece of solid rock right beneath where the tree is growing.  But the tree did not allow that to stop it.  Rather, the roots reached out to grow around the sides of the rock to hold the tree firmly in place.  I should have taken a photo of the whole tree.  It's a big one - that just happens to have a big stone right in the heart of its roots.

Rather than be victimized or weakened by the challenges it faced, this tree grew all the stronger by sending its roots around the problem.

Another tree I noticed along the way of our walk today was this one, that showed an abrupt change of direction:


It's almost as if the tree recognized  that it was headed off in the wrong direction, so it did an about face and went the other way so it could grow up tall to catch the sun.   Through the principle of repentance, I too can change directions when I see I am going the wrong way.

There are so many lessons in the forest, if I will just take the time to look for them.


No comments:

Post a Comment