.

.

Friday, January 16, 2015

Meeting the New Zealand AFHA's

This past week we headed back down to Hamilton for a meeting with the Area Family History Advisors from throughout New Zealand.  We needed to stay the night because we had a late conference call with the Advisors from Australia as well.  I was very impressed by the folks we are working with and look forward to getting to know them better.
Bob Munroe

Jill & Dave Hayward

Karen and Garry Howard

Before heading home on Wednesday we took time to take a walk through the Hamilton Rose Gardens and then hike around the lake nearby.  (We found both of these places because we knew there were geocache hides there.  What a delightful way to discover some truly special out of the way spots we otherwise would have missed). I continue to be amazed by the beauty of this place.  I hope I never get so used to it that I cease to be awed by it.





While we were in Hamilton we took the opportunity to go do a session at the temple.  I cornered one of the gardeners there as we were leaving to ask names of several of the trees I did not recognize like the Monkey Puzzle Tree





I am still amazed to see so many different trees, flowers, vines and bushes that are completely strange to me.  There is nothing like this back home.  Oh sure, we have pine trees and palm trees and leaf trees.  But they each grow in their own specific zones.  Here it is all a wild hodge podge growing together.  I've never seen so many shades of green.  The beauty truly is stunning.

No comments:

Post a Comment